Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

An Open Letter To Congressman John Mica

Dear Congressman Mica,

In 2012 you wrote a transportation bill, H.R. 4348.  Within that bill was Sec. 100122 regarding roll your own cigarette machines.  I wont go in the details in this letter but we both know this had nothing to do with transportation and more to do with the people who fund your campaign.

In response to this bill I reached out to you hoping you would have a clever explanation for why you wrote this in to the bill.  You followed up by blocking me from your Facebook page and ignoring my question all together.

Over the past two years I've written you regarding other topics.  Some I was in favor of and others I opposed.  I have yet to receive a single response from you.  Even Senator Rubio, who rarely ever responds to me has, on occasion, written me back.  You, however, never have.... until today!

I eagerly opened my letter from you today anticipating which topic it was that you had chosen to address.  Was is human trafficking or perhaps Obamacare?  Maybe it was something to do with the 2012 transportation bill, finally?

I opened the enveloped and eagerly pulled out the letter only to read:

"I am writing you to ask for your support and vote in the August 26th Republican Primary"
Cue the record scratch sound byte.  The only letter I've ever received from you and it's to ask me for your vote?  Mr. Mica... can I call you that?  Mr. Mica, votes shouldn't be asked for.  They should be earned.  What kind of integrity would I have if you never responded to any of my letters and then voted for you based on no merit at all.  Oh, it gets better.  The letter went on to say.
"Many will request your support and I hope you will judge me and other candidates not only by what we say, but also on what we have done"
What have you done?  You certainly haven't responded to me or made me feel like I was worth anything to you.  When I asked you questions on Facebook you responded by blocking me.

Thank you for showing me that you are only concerned with my vote and not me as a voter.  You will certainly NOT be receiving a vote from me.

Signed,

Timothy Joseph.

No comments:

Post a Comment